gall bladder

im almost 31 weeks and i was diagnosed with multiple gall stones at about 24 weeks. one of the doctors told me that there is a possibility of preterm labor bc the gall bladder irritates the uterus. has this happened to anyone else? i dont get attacks all the time but when i do theyre very painful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Dont worry.. my gull bladder went bad when I was 3 months and I was jus fine... jus stay away from pop and greasy foods and you will be fine.. id get it taken out rite after you have your baby when you get a chance.. i waited and i ended up getting pankriatitius and was in the hospital for 5 days becuz of it.. the surgery is nothing it takes a week to heal and theres no major inceasions
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:31 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• yeah im not worried about the scars or anything i already have a huge one from my belly button to my chest...which doesnt look pretty while pregnant lol. im just afraid ill go into labor early.
    Anonymous

• Oh bless your heart. I am not pregnant, but I started having attacks almost 2 weeks ago and had to have my gallbladder removed 2 days before Christmas, That was some horrible pain!
    I used to know this girl who developed gallstones while pregnant and actually had her gallbladder removed during her pregnancy! I have at least 10 friends online who have developed gallstones either while pregnant or shortly after delivering. When I had my surgery one of my nurses asked me if I had had a baby recently. There is definitely a connection!
    I hope that your's will settle down and not give you any more bad attacks and you can have surgery shortly after your baby is born. Believe me, the surgery is so much better to get over than those attacks!!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• im glad someone knows im not just exaggerating it lol. the dr gave me percocet and i took it a few times when i couldnt handle the pain but it made me feel sooo weird. i try to avoid that at all costs.
    Anonymous

• I don;t blame you for not wanting to take the meds while pregnant. I was the same way and wouldn't even take a Tylenol while pregnant. LOL If it gets too bad though, take the meds. Being in bad pain could set off labor.
    Also, have you gotten the steroid shots to help mature the baby's lungs just in case you do go early? If not, that may be something to talk to the doc about and think about.
    The good news is if you are 31 weeks then you don't have much longer to go and even if the baby was born sometime soon after a rough start, it would most likiely be ok. Good luck and take care!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There's really nothing you can do, so try to think about it as little as possible. I had some pre-term labor concerns as well, but other than taking care of myself and following doctors orders, there was NOTHING I could do about it. I was concerned, but focusing on it wasn't good for either of us, so I let it go. I just made sure to get things done early (buy your baby supplies, pack your bag) and say some extra prayers...it's all you can do, and you'll probably come through just fine!

I had some very minor gall bladder trouble as well, and it went away as soon as I delivered. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had this problem as well and had my girl about a month early.. she weighed in at 5, 3. But I couldnt breastfeed afterwards because I couldnt eat any fatty food and she was starving LOL Other than that, i would advise staying away from greasy foods. I got mine taken out about 3 months after she was born and i've been fine since tho! and yeah... they do hurt... REAL BAD!! lol I thot my gall bladder pain was worse than labor..
    good luck!
    Amandah1982

Answer by Amandah1982 at 12:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009