what is sciencetology ??

i just do not understand sciencetology i have read some on it. I do not agree with Tom Cruis and his rant on the Today show about depression!! and why does a woma have to be quit during birth?? to me this is just crazy!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• They are a bunch of frikin nuts. I have tired to research them to and I can't find much about them, and what they are. Tom use to be great, but shoot he is a wacko now.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:40 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• The only thing that I know about Scientology is that it was founded by a Science-Fiction Author. Hmm, if that doesn't send out red flags then I don't think anything will.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:45 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• my DH & i flipped thro "Dianetics" which is basically their bible...its written by the sci-fi author Ron L Hubbard. it has something to do w/ aliens & things in your body called thetans (they will measure your thetan level...for a high price).

the quiet birth thing has to do w/ the birthing experience being calm for the baby...ie less traumatic. they believe that many of our probelms stim from the trauma we experience at birth. the Dianetics book claims that the majority of doctors agree this is best for the baby & that the rest of the world now agrees w/ them.

Scientology is very much a religion for the individual. its all about you & what you can accomplish & how you can save yourself. i could be wrong, but you cant really learn much about scientology. their website doesnt even tell you much about their beliefs...unless you pay $$.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Founded in 1954 and they believe in reincarnation.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with believing in reincarnation. Buddhist believe that as well and so do Pagans. And those religions are ancient.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I didn't say there was anything wrong...I was only stating what they believed in. Start drama elsewhere please.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If you read about it online or even on there website you will se that they are nothing more then a cult. They believe in extreterestrials, thetan levels, blah blah blah...they are coooooks!!! and possibly cRooks as well. You must give them alot of your hard earned money...WEIRDOS!
    Anonymous

• L Ron Hubbard tried to tell the people following his religion it was all a load (a year before he formed it he said the easiest way to make money is to make a religion).....they responded basically saying their enemy had gotten to him.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:46 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• wikipedia isn't a valid source
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 3:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009