ok ladies im 5 weeks pregnant soon to be six..... does it affect my baby if i have braces?????

1Adriana3

Asked by 1Adriana3 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lol your cute.. It doesnt affect your baby..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:44 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't think so unless they were made of some bad metal and then it would make you sick first. Congrats on your preg.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• why would it effect the baby if you have braces?? my aunts an orthodontist and ive never heard anything like that before
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:51 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• I see some of the most ridiculous questions on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The braces themselves won't affect anything, but if you use any kind of medication during treatments it could. Make sure your ortho knows you're pregnant, just to be safe!

And please don't let posters like Anonymous here get to you, apparently some people have nothing better to do than to make others feel bad. You're going to see that on here a LOT. :(
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yeah, dont listen to the anon bitches.. atleast you're concerned..its a little concern that you shouldnt be concerned about, but its ok that you are!! you're being safe than sorry!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Katie is right. The braces them selves wont hurt the baby. but if you take meds or something, then I would talk to the doctor first to make sure its safe.
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• thank you ladies...there sure is some stupid bitches that talk too much and are very rude this is a site for moms to talk and understand each other..not to make others feel bad..it may a lil stupid of a question i was just traying to be sure....since ever since some girls found out i was preggo. they told me it bad for the baby if i had braces...im just trying to be sure..thank you very much......
    1Adriana3

Answer by 1Adriana3 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• sweet heart...remember you're 16(not trying to talk shit that You are) but im gonna guess that the other girls who are telling you this are somewhat around your age and dont know their heads from their asses when it comes to pregnancy. but if it really still concerns you, ask your dr.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009