Dating

I have been out of a relationship for about 4 months now and honestly I really don't want to date anyone right now(Im 25 weeks pregnant). My cousin had this crazy idea to match me up with someone. He seems really nice but just don't feel comfortable about dating while pregnant. So I explained my situation to him thinking my cousin did not explain to him that I have 2 going on 3 kids. He seems pretty cool about it all and he still want's to go out with me.

How do I go about this??

I haven't dated anyone in 5 years I was engaged to my boys father before breaking things off and finding out I was pregnant with our third child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 3, 2009 in Relationships

• i would tell him that you wouldn't mind being friends, but you just want to focus on your kids or whatever right now, and your just not ready to date.
    Anonymous

• It's your decision whether you want to date or not. A lot of women do while they're pregnant and I gotta give the guy props, if he's willing to deal with you during your hormonal months, not to mention 2 kids and the other on the way, he's got to have some good in him but if you're not ready, then don't do it. But there's nothing wrong with having a male friend. I'd suggest starting there.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:54 PM on Jan. 3, 2009

• Thank you ladies. We have talked about being friends first until Im ready. I just wasn't sure what to do Im a very guarded person when It comes to my feelings and just didn't want to give an impression that Im single that im looking for a replacement dad for my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• take it slow.. try just being friends, and see where it goes. If you end up hitting it off great, if they don't, then at least you proceeded with caution and it won't hit you so hard. Good Luck with whatever you decide though :)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Honey, you don't have anything to hurry about. Take your time and focus on your kids. Your instincts are right. He sounds like a nice guy. If he truly cares, he will be patient. And it will be well worth the wait. It's okay to take it slow!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Sounds like a great guy. He will make a great friend. Go out with him as friends. It will do you good to get out of the house and leave the kids with a sitter for a while.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2009