Is it normal to have a thick mucus like discharge early in pregnancy?

It looked like snot....

FirstMomAnt

Asked by FirstMomAnt at 12:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when that happened to me it was my mucas plug which means labor is coming...I would call the doc or go to LD...
    not to worry you but just in case...how far along are you
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Im 11 weeks....thats why im kinda worried
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 12:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had that too.. i hated it.. as long as its not brownish and has a lil blood in it your fine..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would call the doctor, I dont know if anyone else on here has had that but all I know is that I didn't have it til 37 weeks and it was my mucas plug, and a few days later....welcome baby. I would call OB at least for their opinion...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• thank you it just worried me a little bc its been a lot....
    FirstMomAnt

Answer by FirstMomAnt at 12:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would just call...it never hurts to check, but it could not too. Best of luck!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had lots of discharge my ENTIRE pregnancy. Seriously, I should have bought stock in Carefree, LOL! I never had any infections or anything, just lotsa wetness! If you're concerned, you should ALWAYS call your doc...but don't stress, it's probably just Mommy-goo. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i had it my whole pregnancy; both times. I just wore a panty liner and powder. GL and congratulations!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Is it normal to have it the WHOLE pregnancy? hahaha I am 30 weeks pregnant and have had it since day one. I hate having a slug in my panties constantly. Eww.... That went a little too far. But seriously, I have to change panty liners around three times a day.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009