If I take a pill and throw up about five minutes later is the pill still going to be in my system?

I'm prescribed xanax for anxiety and to help me sleep. I took one pill and threw up like 5 minutes later. Is it still going to be affective or will throwing up that soon after taking it take it out of my system?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• Kinda gross but..did you see the pill in the vomit? Also if you wait about 1/2 hr I think you would be able to tell if the xanax was working or not. If you saw the pill, then I would take it again. If not just wait & see how you feel. You dont want to double dose that stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I didn't see the pill ,but it was kinda hard to tell if you know what I mean. I'm prescribed to take 4 a day they are only the .5mgs. I usually only take one or two a day though. I just didn't know if I should go ahead and take a second one or not. Thanks for your help though,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2009