I am 38 weeks and having contractions really bad, and all I want is to have this baby, if I ask...do you think they will induce me??

Iam getting ready to go to the hospital in a few minutes but...what I am afraid of is they're gonna tell me some bogus reason for me havign contractions and just send me right back home again. But I have contractions on a daily basis and really I am in sooo much pain and so uncomfortable...I just want to have him like right now!! Do u think thats possible??

Mrs_williams90

Asked by Mrs_williams90 at 12:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They only induce you if your body is ready.. You sound like your in active labor tho
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if you not in labor and there is no reason other than pain they wont. Sorry, but I hope you are in labor, I know the pain sucks but your almost done...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Maybe go.. and have them check you, they will see how much dialited you are and they will tell you if you need to stay or go back home. Sorry to tell you this but I don't think they would enduce if it's not necessary.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my doctor said they wont induce unless its necessary before 39 weeks but thats the first ive heard that so maybe. good luck.
    metallicakh39

Answer by metallicakh39 at 12:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• hang in there... i was induced at 39 weeks
    mshatch0613

Answer by mshatch0613 at 12:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My doctor would not do an elective induction before 39 weeks.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if your contractions haven't been consistantly 4 min apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour there is no point in going to the hospital. They can't induce you and can only send you home. Your OB needs to sign off on an induction and if it's not medically necessary anything before 40 weeks is just irresponsible... wait it out, it'll be over soon and is so worth it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was 38 wks and they endused me. good luck mama
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 12:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If I were you, I'd wait for it all to happen. I was induced and it was miserable. I wasn't allowed to leave my bed and had to stay laying down on my back. The induction went slow and I was in mild labor for 12 hours and then hard labor for 12 hours. The petocin makes your contractions much more intense.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 12:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yeah good luck with that I was 12 days overdue with my first and begged them to induce me and told them I would not leave to hospital till they did and I still went home lol
    soldierswife11

Answer by soldierswife11 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2009