If you get a faint positve on a pregnanct test is it still a positive?

I had a pretty faint second line on my pregnanct test and I don't know what to think. Pregnant or not?

AdensMommy41407

Asked by AdensMommy41407 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would say you are wait appromimately 3 days and take another one you should have a darker line
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 12:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Probably you are. I would take another test in a day or two and see what that one says. I took a preg. test once (it was a cheap one ) and it came out neg. and then a few days later, got a better test, and then there was no doubt it was positive. Good luck!! By the way if you are just a few days late that could be why the faint line - your hormone level is not very strong to get a strong line.
    aplebottomjeans

Answer by aplebottomjeans at 12:09 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yep!!!
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• maybe not. i did that and it turned out to be protein in the urine. so wait a day or two and take another one.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:32 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i think you are...the first time i went to get tested at home..the first one came out with a dark blue line..and across was a faint blue line..my friend was all telling me i wasnt..
    but i wasnt sure about that..so i bought oneo f the tests that say pregnant or not pregnant..and when i took it.it said pregnant :)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• yes
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• read the directions!!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• THE DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT THOES TESTS DO NOT HAVE FALSE POSITIVES ONLY FALSE NEGATIVES SOOOOO....YES YOU ARE...BUT EARLY...STILL GET ANOTHER TEST.GL!
    1974blueeyes

Answer by 1974blueeyes at 5:24 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Mine was VERY faint, infact it wasn't until 10 minutes later that I noticed the line was even there. Low and behold I am 38 weeks pregnant so the test was right.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 6:47 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Yes mine was. I tested 1 week b4 I missed my period with #2, it was very faint, infact after the home test I went to the doc to confirm the next day, and the nurse had to ask 4 other people b/c the line was so faint.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 3:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008