Anyone else.....

Do you feel happy when you get a break from your kids? I couldn't believe the joyful relief I felt today as I waved goodbye to my kids as they drove off to their grandparents house today.
I then felt guilty that I felt so happy to see them go. I miss them and have talked with them on the phone.
Anyone else feel some sort of joy when they're kidless?

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• HA! I'm having that feeling right now! I need a break...I'm a SAHM and my kids are under the age of 2yrs., so they're home 24/7! I miss them like crazy, but sometimes you just need to get away for a few hours. We take a 3 day vacation in Feb every year and leave the kids with grandparents, and that is super hard, but just taking a couple hours break from them for the day...heavenly lol!
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 1:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• oh my gosh, yes, there are times when I just want to sit without being eavesdropped on, looked at for entertainment and not be the go to for every friggin thing like tape, lotion, water, cups that are too high, TV, computer, toiletpaper, snacks... and I have four 1 year apart so it seems like everything doesn't happen in sterio, it happens in surround sound. But I notice it's more when we have no structure and my darn husband doesn't want to sit and talk to me for longer than 30 seconds that I get like that. You know what I mean?
    blowingsteam

Answer by blowingsteam at 12:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Most of my friends do, but I am thinking I must be a freak because I hate being without my kid! I have had 2 surgeries in the past few weeks and have had to spend more time than I like away from my son and it has about killed me. Having to be away from my little boy was worse than the actual surgeries. LOL I think I am just an oddball freak though cause I have some friends who are awesome parents and they absolutely love it when they get time to themselves. I am just the opposite. I feel completely and utterly lost when he is not with me.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree with Alli, I love having my kids home. I love Christmas and summer break and I am so sad that Christmas break is almost over! I just like knowing that my kids are in the house with me.
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• OHH YES. Ugh, mine is only 7 months old and I was sooo happy to get a break. We went up to Michigan (originaly from there) for Christmas break and we let our Aunt keep our boy over night. I was sooo happy. My hubby and I actualy had time to our selves. we didnt have to worry about a dam thing except if we were going to use a condom that time or not LMAO (sorry I'm open and blunt)
    russian-mommy

Answer by russian-mommy at 1:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I get kinda nervous if my kids are gone too long, but if I need a break, the relief is palpable when they walk out the door! lol Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am a bit odd myself. I dread Monday because my oldest will be back at school! I love having him home and being with the baby. My idea of an ideal break is my DH doing all the work (snacks, changing diapers) while I just hang out and get to play with the children. Or to take a shower with no interruptions! :D

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 4, 2009