My son is 17 months old & when he gets mad he makes this awful monster sound! kind of sounds like he's possesed lol any moms with little boys do this?? & how do I stop it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Better then my son. He used to hold his breath when he got upset. Now that is scary. He actually turned blue one day and passed out. He's lucky I had gotten up to see what was wrong with him because I caught him as he fell otherwise he would have hit his head on the table. He scared the crap out of me. He also used to throw himself face first on the ground without even trying to catch himself with his arms. He did it on the sidewalk one day and ended up with his face all scratched up and bruised.
    I don't think there is anything to do to stop it. Just ignore it. He's doing it to get attention and will probably grow out of it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Here is what I do now with my daughter. She wants something and can't have it or gets caught with something she is not suppose to have.. She will get "put on the wall". There comes the deafening scream. I don't say anything to her. I pick her up bring her to her bed and set her on it. I then very calmly tell her that she is allowed to be angry but she has to do it in her bedroom until she can control herself.
    takodasmom1117

Answer by takodasmom1117 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my daughter does that sometimes i think its funny
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My youngest son is 2 1/2 he "growls" at me or talks is a weird growly voice when he's angry, I think it's funny but I scold him and tell him he doens't growl at me or talk to me that way. He then gets mad and screams. But he has to learn respect.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son was 4 when he started growling when he was mad. My DD was 2 when she started stomping her feet. I talked with them and told them that that behaviour is not allowed. Once they start it I give them the look and say sit. The would get an immediate timeout. I don't know that it will help, your son is younger?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 2:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Lol, I have a little girl that does that. It's worse with her. She says lots of things in her sweet voice. Dada, ball, up, bite, mine etc. She says Mama in the lowest grumbly growly voice! She sounds like Rosemary's baby! People will turn in the store and stare! She just babbles sweetly and then MAMA!!! Aahhh!!! Frightening! It's normal and something you're sure to remember for the rest of his life. These are the moments in our lives!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Bri still does growl or scream at me but not so much anymore. We started telling her to use a nice voice and that the growling was a "mean" noise. If she screamed or growled again she'd get a time out.
    Now it's "Momma your make my heart hurt!" instead of the growling more often than not. Ahhh so much fun!
    Emyann

Answer by Emyann at 4:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2009