my mom

My mom lives with me my parents got divorced right after I was married My husband is so nice he takes care of my mom. This is what my religion teaches . But sometimes it has been hard. I never feel like we have enough alone time because she is always here.. My mom is very hurt so i dont want to upset her. Me and my husband have strong love so we are ok. but I just wish sometimes we could be alone. what do i do?

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 12:08 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Relationships

• Have you tried to get your mom into any older singles groups? There are lots of them, also an active seniors group might be good as well. They have outings go on daily bus tours and have dinner's and movie nights, that may be just hwat she needs to help her get over her hurt and get you some private time as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:22 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• If you can't get your mom out of the house for a little while have your husband and you tried dating here or there, take a night and go spend it in a hotel room or something just for the fresh enviroment as well, ask mom to babysit for a night so you can have a "break" don't be demanding just be sweet about it.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 12:28 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• she needs to develop a life of her own, a circle of friends of her own, and hobbies of her own, just for her own well being. maybe try to help her move in those directions. and since your mom has been married and probably isn't a complete idiot, sometimes you could ask her to let you guys have the house. just tell her you would like to surprise hubby by opening the door for him naked or something. once she has some friends to be involved with, she'll understand.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:31 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• My mom lived with my sis for awhile and I would pick my mom up and go do stuff with her so that my sis and her hubby could have alone time. My sis missed the alone time with her hubby when my mom was living there, but now that she no longer lives with them my sis is heartbroken. She misses my mom now.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 12:58 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• just go on a date. im sure that ur mom wouldnt mind if u went out for a few hours once a week or so. im sure that she understands that u guys need ur time alone too, and its not like ur not saying u dont want her around.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:16 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• get her busy doing something. you didn't say that your mother was elderly or anything. SO get her into some clubs or something at church. See is there is anything she is interested in outside of the home. encourage her to get out and do something.
    bluesubaru

Answer by bluesubaru at 1:18 PM on Jul. 16, 2008