How can i get my daughter to sleep all night

haylinn1019

Asked by haylinn1019 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will sleep all night when she is ready too, not when you want her too.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• How old is she?
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• ALL children are different! She will sleep through the night at the right time. Just FYI: medically; a baby is sleeping through the night when they sleep in 5-6 hour blocks of time in one session. Not necessarily at night.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't believe in letting a baby cry its self to sleep. My daughter is 16 months old and sometimes I will let her whine a little, but in about 3 min. shes asleep in her baby bed, but also, if she starts crying BAD, then I put her back in bed with me. people have their own way, but this is how i do it. theres nothing wrong with letting them fuss a few min. i've read post where people talked about letting their kids cry until they were puking and chokinig!!!! to me, thats child abuse and neglect. thats just so sad. but anyway, thats just my opinion. your little one will sleep through the night when the times is right for the baby, right now if hes crying for you, then he needs you.... good luck
    TammyG.

Answer by TammyG. at 1:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Six months old? You can't, really. She'll do it when SHE is ready to...and that has nothing at all to do with calendars, clocks or what you want. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• you can't make a baby do anything. just get your rest when she does.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The best thing I've read is to make sleep a safe and pleasant experience. Which means to establish a really relaxing bedtime routine, and then help her get to sleep however she needs. As she learns that you'll be there when she needs she will start to develop independance. I know people whose kiddos are great sleepers and can go for 8+ hours without waking up, and then there are always kiddos who don't sleep through the night until they are much older. My favorite baby sleep book is the "90 minute baby sleep solution" which talks about sleep cycles, sleep development and the different stages of development in babies. It really helped me understand how my son is growing, and has been really helpful.
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 5:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009