Should I be checked......? (gallstones and cysts)

I was told that I had gallstones and cysts on both my ovaries when I was pregnant with my youngest son. I was told this by a Dr. in the ER when I went in, I was about 4-5 months I think. I never told my obgyn about this. My youngest son is going to be 3 months in a little over a week and a half. Should I be checked for this, I am nervous about saying anything to my gyn., since I didn't tell him and I know I should have.

Jssg86

Asked by Jssg86 at 12:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• sometimes it doesn't matter if there not giving u pain but if it's bothering u, then yes..i had one a size as dot when i first got preganant with my son and about 3 months after he was born i had been having real bad pains in my side but single mom didn't to go to the hospital...i feel to my knees in pain baby stuck in the crib and a 41/2 freakin out about mommy..my brother to come and carry down the stairs and off to the hospital and after hours of wonderful morpin lol..they found out my cyst and bust and i had 300cc of blood sitting in my stomach and had to have emergency surgery to remove the blood...so don't be like me and wait to late
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes. Gallstones cannot be passed, and they can cause serious problems down the line.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009