I need the best sucking-up-dirt-and-hair vacuum $ can buy..from walmart/target!!

any suggestions or reviews??
any please, don't say DYSON..i've only got a few bedrooms and a hallway to use it on..DYSON is more $ than i care to spend on that little space. thanks!

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 1:43 PM on Oct. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Hoover P.A.W.S. Windtunnel T series vacuum!! It costs about $150 but sometimes they have it on sale (I got mine for around $120 at Target). I thought it was a little too expensive- but I've had it for almost 3 years and it still almost brings a tear to my eye every time I use it:) so much dust and hair sucked up w each use it's ridiculous!!! The first time I used it I had to empty the canister multiple times from each room (bc my old vacuum (bissel pet hair eraser) was so inadequate). I can not recommend this vacuum highly enough. It is so easy to use and simply is amazing.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• Well, I can't answer since you said don't say, so here's a bump instead.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• I have what bloomsr has. Love it oodles. I think I paid $147 for mine or thereabouts
    Brawnwyn

Answer by Brawnwyn at 2:07 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• Dyson animal...sold at target
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:15 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• My husband picked up a Dirt Devil bagless vacuum at Target for under $100 (it was on sale) and it works great. It sucks up so much hair. Stuff I didn't even see. The first time I used it I was shocked at how much my old vacuum was leaving behind. I love that thing.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• Love my Dyson, but there are less expensive vacuums that will do the job for you...

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/appliances/laundry-and-cleaning/vacuum-cleaners/index.htm

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2011

• I'm sorry, I thought you could see them for free. That's weird.
    I am sure there are other consumer review sites that could help though, even something like Amazon, which usually has dozens of reviews for each item. Granted, they are consumer reviews instead of expert, but I find them very helpful anyway.
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 5:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2011

• You said the best $ can buy but you don't want to spend a lot of $. LOL.
    Anonymous

• Well, for $19.99 at Meijer I got a Bissell Featherweight 3 in 1 hardfloor vacuum. It does awesome sucking up dog hair! I was very impressed. It also does throw rugs (but doesnt do too well on bigger area rugs depending on the material) If you want cheap thats the way to go....if you have carpet I don't have any suggestions...good luck.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 4:16 PM on Oct. 6, 2011

• i got excited when i clicked the link, vice..but i don't want to pay to check out those reviews. guess i'm cheaper than i realized!
    thanks, though!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 10:30 AM on Oct. 8, 2011