Is this fatal?

my 11 month old daughter has a very bad infection, its red and swollen and has some kind of lump under the skin, so we went to the E.R yesterday and they said that she could get better, but she could get worse, they gave me a prescription but it was 120 dollars, and i don't have any money, they said that they might have to cut it open and drain it, it looks like it is getting worse, should i just keep going back to get the antibiotic shot, and can this do any bad damage, my mother said that it can kill her, does anyone know anything about it or have had experience with it? can this kill her if i haven't caught it soon enough, i need help!

Trinity32188

Asked by Trinity32188 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• I don't think it's she feels her child isn't worth the $120 - she literally doesn't have it to pay....that's kinda mean to say. She's worried and trying to figure out what to do.

If you tell them this medication isn't covered by your insurance and you can't afford it they're likely to prescibe something that is covered or is less expensive - they may even have some samples that they'll give ya.

Good luck!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• what did they say it was called?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Cellulitis
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Any infection left untreated can be dangerous and if cellulitis isn't treated there can be complications. Try not to stress yourself hon, but bring her back to the ER or your own doctor and let them know you can't afford that prescription. Your little girl needs treatment and something can be worked out I'm sure.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 2:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Your child is not worth $120? Come on mama, get that RX!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Is that the cost of the generic rx?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes, I agree w/ Jill. Call back right now & tell them you cant get the meds due to cost. There is surely something else they can prescribe for your child.
    Anonymous