Who gave birth naturally?

I plan on doing it that way and have met no one except for my mom who supports me in this. What did you all do?

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 12:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I gave birth naturally 5 times and totally support it. I have no regrets. Good luck.
    ncmamaof5a

Answer by ncmamaof5a at 1:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I didn't have a natural birth, but i will. I think since having a baby is the most natural thing to do, that's how it should be done. I had a c-section with my first and with my second, i won't. Good luck and don't let anyone talk you out of it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had to have a c-section for a breech baby, but my dream was to have a natural birth. Everyone who I talked to about it acted like I was completely nuts and out of my head. I did not find anyone except for my husband who said do what I wanted to support me. I am glad you at least have your mom. If you have your mind made up and that is what you want then I totally believe you can do it! Best of luck!!!!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If your talking about taking drugs i did if your talking about vaginal birth or c-section i did the vaginal birth and its not that bad i was up and walking around the hospital the next mourning i almost had to have an emergency c-section my daughter had a big head but all was successful and i was able to push her out with the help of a nurse
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I've had 4 vaginal births with epidurals and 1 c-section with a spinal. I give you natural ladies all the props! I would never ever have a baby with no pain relief unless I had no choice! You're tough ladies. God bless you all.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had an induced all drug free (well except for the pitocin used to induce the labor) labor & delivery. I have had an epidural with #1 & #2, and epidural that barely worked with #3 and totally drug free with #4. #4 was just 3 months ago and it is still fresh in my mind. It is an unbelieveable sense of accomplishment to go drug free for 8+ hours during a pitocin induced labor. I totally think you can do it, especially if you can avoid an induction-which tend to make labor more painful because you are forcing the body to do something it is not ready for. If I were going to have more children I would definately do it drug free again. But, we are done having babies. Good luck to you. If you like to read you may want to check out "Birthing from within" and also the spinning babies website may help you to get your baby into proper position to assist with an easier labor. Good luck to you!
    eastonbennett

Answer by eastonbennett at 6:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Giving birth naturally is awesome! Hard, but worth it tenfold. I am going to have my second all-natural birth any day now. There are a lot of groups on here dedicated to natural birth with very good information. I wish you the best! If you have any questions, please pm me. :-)
    wondermeg

Answer by wondermeg at 6:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Hi there
    The choice is really up to you. I had 1 c-section followed by three vbac's (vaginal birth after c-section) two w/epidurals. My thrid vbac I didn't have a choice from door to delivery was 25 min. It was uncomfortable but I forgot all about it once I held our baby in my arms. I don't discurrage or encourage the drugs, its a personal choice. If we have any more I will go drug free again.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I planned on going all natural meaning with no drugs but after I was dilated to a six I was in so much pain I was screaming for some pain relief. I got an epidural and now think I could have done it without relief but next time Im just going to go with the flow
    wainne

Answer by wainne at 9:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2009