My older sister asked me and my boyfriend to move in with her because I'm going to have a baby, I'm 17 and he is 18. Is that a good idea to be away from my mom when i might need her the most?

Innocent129

Asked by Innocent129 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Stay with your mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i agree. im 17 n i live wit my dad. i was goin 2 move out but im glad i stayd. now my dads helpen me raise my 7 montth old daughter.
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 12:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm 18 and got pregnant when I was 17. I lived with my parents, and still do. I know for sure that the entire time I was pregnant I didnt want anyone or anything more than my mom, I think it's a good idea to stay with her :)

Feel free to PM me anytime! I understand how hard it is to go through this.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Try to work it out to stay with your Mom. I was a teen Mom the first time but I just had my 5th baby at 37 yrs old and I still want my Mom when I'm pregnant! I think you'd be better off focusing on your pregnancy than worrying about your relationship and where you'll stay. If your Mom is upset, let her get over it for awhile but try to make up with her. She could end up being a big support for you and your child.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• well if you're responsible enough to get pregnant youre responsible to do it on your own with the father of your child. I was 18 when I had my daughter, plus I didn't have the father involved, yet I managed to do it on my own..so can you, it's your responsibility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• dont listen to anon 856 if you have the choice , stay with your mother i had my daughter when i was 18 and i stayed with my mom so i could go to school if you have help take it there is no reason to have to struggle more then you have to
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i was pregnant when I was 17 and my now husband was 18. We got married and got our own place. I would go see my mom almost every day. we've been married for two and a half years now, and I'm glad we have our own place. I think you and your boyfriend can get your own place.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 3:26 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yeah i would have to say try to stay with your mother i had my son at 14 lived with my aunt but she never helped me at all because she had a newborn of her own and really didnt approve of me having a baby but i didnt have nowhere else to go but if i had the chance to be with my mother while pregnant i would have done it in a heartbeat you need her the most right now try to work it out take as much help as you can because that baby comes your going to want someone there to help you i know i never had help and didnt even live with the father of my son till he was one and i moved out on my own at 16 well if you need someone to talk to iam here and i dont judge!! good luck i hope for the best for you guys!!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 4:18 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would stay with your mom. What if it doesn't work out between the two of you, what if it doesn't work out with your sister? I would try to keep a good relationship with mom. I had my son at 19 and lived at home and my mom was my rock
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would say stay with your mom if she is willing to support you and be there for you cuz you are going to need all the help you can get when that baby is born. I know because Im 17 and have an 8 month old baby now my mom has been my main support, my boyfriend was there in the begginging but it didnt work out so Im glad that I didnt move out with him. On the other hand from the way you put it your sister sounds like she wants to help so if things don't work out with your mom then you always have her to turn to. Take Care and Good Luck!
    wainne

Answer by wainne at 9:31 PM on Jan. 4, 2009