Ok how many people use this?

I was cleaning out my daughters toys and noticed a rubber duck that was to be used in the bath to see if the water was to hot or not. I gave it to her while giving her a bath and noticed before it hit the water it said HOT. Do these things work> It wasnt even in the water. Is it suppose to change color or something? Just wondering...

moma22angels

Asked by moma22angels at 12:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• they change color if the water is too hot...yes they work. the one I had for DD said hot and changed to pure white if the water was too hot
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have one and yes it works. It stays dark the cooler the water is and will lose almost all of it's color and turn white and say HOT very clearly on it.
    You can test it out by putting it under very hot water and you'll see that it works. The lighter that green circle is the hotter the water is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We have one but I never go by what it says, it is just as easy to put my hand in and feel the water myself...lol
    jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ours was hot once it hit the water!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I did the cold water and the very hot water ( with out the baby near it) and it says the same either way. I guess she will just use it as a bath toy.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 1:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ours doesn't work either...but I love them because they don't have the hole in the bottom. I find those kinds of ducks disgusting (water gets trapped inside) plus they float sideways afterwards lol :/
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We have one and I don't think it works. It does change color I think from blue to white if it's to hot...but my son would be FREEZING if I gave him a bath that it says is to hot! I got a little card from the hospital when he was born it's got 3 spots one that says no okay and then no okay is just right and no on the L is to cold no on the r is to hot I love it!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We had one...and to get it to not say "hot" the water was so doggone cold my son screamed and screamed.....tub toy.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i bought a bath tub that is supposed to do that, but i had the water just barely past cold and it said hot, i don't believe it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I never bought one because I heard they didn 't work. I just stick my elbow in the water to test it (not my hand, because my hands are so used to hot water that I can't really tell when it's too hot).
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 9:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009