What is a good daily multi-vitamin?

I know there are those Women's One A Day for every kind you can imagine. lol But what is a good one that hopefully won't cause ya to be nauseous or constipated (sorry, had to throw that in)? I say that because I know some of them will have those 2 side effects (esp from the iron). Though, I know everyone's different.

But I know I have to start taking something & I'll ask my doc if she prefers something else once I see her (it will be a new doc so who knows when I'll get to see her). But I'm just constantly feeling sick (I've always had stomach problems but lately they've been awful), I always feel drained and so so exhausted.

Nope, I know I'm not pregnant. lol So just curious, anyone take a multi-vitamin and what works for you? And yes, I know the vitamin won't cure anything, but it will help w/ what my body is lacking, which I soooo know it needs.

my2luvbugs

Asked by my2luvbugs at 12:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• I buy the wal-mart brand womens multi-vitamin and I take some extra fish oil (and sometimes cranberry extract when I remember). I had been feeling kinda run down and a week on the vitamins and I felt like a million bucks. I don't know if this is the best one to take but it sure worked for me. Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I get constipated from women's vitamins,so someone suggested I take liquid women's vitamins.I tried liquid before and I liked it.I would check at a health food store or a whole foods for the best quality.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i take a womens one a day...or sometimes my prenatals..depends on what i grab out of the cabinet lol..but I always have to take mine at night so that it doesnt make me sick to my stomach
    laughter07

Answer by laughter07 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree with liquid and definitely buying from a health food store. I personally get mine from a place called goodherbs.com, but I am an herbalist. It's usually not the vitamins/minerals making you sick, it is the coatings and preservatives in cheaper store brands. These also prohibit you from getting the max amount of nutrients from the vitamins because your body doesn't properly break down the coatings before it passes through your system. Even a good children's chewable vitamin from a health food store is a good choice because it doesn't have silicone coatings.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Thanks so much for all the info, ladies! I prob even wouldn't have thought of an herbal one. lol I'm game to try anything at this point. Thanks again!
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 12:55 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Hello - I know I am late in responding to your question since I just joined cafemom this week. Just letting you know of a very beneficial multi vitamin called Daily Edge. This is the most powerful daily multi-nutrient supplement you'll find anywhere at any price. We call it a "health food store in a bottle." It is formulated to provide the perfect blend of 66 of nature's most scientifically proven vitamins, minerals, co-factors, antioxidants, and food-derived health rejuvenating nutrients. It is not available in stores so if you are interested please let me know and I will send you further details or visit products online at www.gobucs.freelife.com. I take Daily Edge everday and love it. Just another suggetion for you :)
    Cakes524

Answer by Cakes524 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 19, 2009