Should I ask for a refund on this?

I bought some curl boosting shampoo and conditioner, after getting a perm last week. The stuff smells DISGUSTING!!! No... I didn't smell it before I bought it, because I bought it at the salon and I've never disliked any salon hair product I've ever bought. Plus, the stylist recommended it.
So my question is... If I hate the smell of the product, even though it works well with my hair, should I ask for a refund? I really don't want my hair smelling like that stuff!

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Sure, it's worth a shot! Worst they can say is no, right? =)
    my2luvbugs

Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• no it is hard to find curl boosting shampoo and conditioner that smells good. I would get a curl boosting moose or gel that smells good to put on over it. Walmart has some by got2be that smell amazing!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• if u used it there b*tches about it and they wont let you:/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would try to..if its your usual salon the stylist should be understanding about it
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 5:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Its not that people are being b*tches, maybe they're following the company's policies. I am a store manager myself and comments like that are really rediculous. Anyway........

I would say in most cases they'd offer you an exchange for a product that is the same price, its not the store's fault you can't stand the smell, ya know?
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:16 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Chances are if it is used and they will not take it back. Most businesses in general will not take back a used product. I worked in customer service and the only way we took back opened beauty products were if the person said they were allergic to the product and then of course you could tell if something was simple opened and applied, not actually used. With Shampoo and conditioner we would open it to see how much was left in the bottle before exchanging or refunding. With stuff like this you have to put yourself in the salon or store's shoes. Almost everyday I would get a return that was almost gone and all of a sudden, I don't like it but they would only want money not a store gift card (something we would give on some higher end products we sold like Nexxus or baby formula) or an exchange. Places just don't want to be ripped off, chances are they will see you didn't use it and just were unsatisfied with a smell.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:28 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• I've never found a curl booster that worked, but YES, I think anyone not liking ANY product should return it. Sometimes that's the only way a manufacturer knows what's not going over well with their customers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• Yeah...that's what I meant.... I wanted to contact the manufacturer for a refund, not the salon. I know there isn't much the salon can do in the way of refunds. I wouldn't mind an exchange... but the problem is that the product I bought was on sale, so there won't be anything of equal value.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:14 PM on Jan. 5, 2009