Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told my mom I has going to have a baby with my boyfriend of 9 months i'm 17 hes 18 and she gave me 2 weeks to find some where else to live. I cant live with my dad he is worse then my mom. What should I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (15)
  • 9 months is TOO soon to decide to have a baby...are you already prego?

    Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Can you move in with your boyfriend??

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Yes I am already pregnant and It was not on purpose but everyone says that. No I can not live with my boyfriend his mom wants nothing else to do with me and I am lucky that she still lets him see me.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Will she seriously throw you out? What a harsh woman your mother is.

    How long before you turn 18? You may want to check into the laws of being impregnated by an 18 year old at the age of 17. If nothing will happen to him, maybe you can contact your local social services and explain the situation. Your mother may not be able to kick you out, you may be able to live in a foster home or in some other home provided by social services.

    Best wishes, I'll be thinking about you.

    Answer by girlneffy at 1:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • hes 18 she has no right to tell him who he can or can not see there should be a pregnancy place where you can go live at they will even help with stuff for the baby i would look in to that

    Answer by wendy232425 at 1:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • i am assuming the baby is on the way,if so i am not going to preach ,I am sure u heard enough of that.Congradulations! and good luck to you and baby...that being said if u cannot live w/boyfriend you can call your counties human resource dept. and find out what kind of state support you qualify for: medical card, WIC, food stamps, etc.U can also google anythign about well anything and find informnation.Start with the topic:unplanned pregnancy help.that should start u out.Sorry about your mom and dad,give them time.It is a bigshock to them.Also you can call a social services office and they can help or tell u who can.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 1:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Do either of you have a job? If you are going to have a baby together, then maybe you can get a place and move in together. He needs to take care of you and his child and that means helping put a roof over your head. I am very sorry about your mother. I hope that before the two weeks are up she will reconsider and let you stay. Maybe she just reacted out of shock or something and will come around.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Out of curiousity (and this is not to sound mean) this your post as well?

    Sorry, had to ask because the way it was written, it sounds like it's one in the same. If that is the case, or heck, even if it's not....try to find a family member or a close friend that you can rely on and stay with. At least to get a roof over your head. IMHO, I doubt she would just throw you out...but then again, I don't know your situation. You could check with the laws in your state. But I would confide in a family member, relative, etc and go from there.

    GL, sweetie....

    Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • And yes, Congratulations to you!! Show everyone how good of a mother you will be, provide for yourself, for that baby and hopefully your BF will step up and provide for all of you as well! Def look into WIC, search sites like craigslist for cheap baby items and even free items. =) Those will help too.

    Answer by my2luvbugs at 1:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • Legally you mom is still responsible for you until the day you turn 18. So, she can be in alot of trouble if she puts you out. She the local laws in your county but that is the norm. Also, she is probably talking out of hurt. Have you tried talking to her and asking her to forgive you? Do you have a grandmother or a family to live with until your mom comes around. I am sure that once your mom sees your bundle of joy she will be forgiving. Give her time, because I am sure it is not easy to see her baby have a baby.

    Answer by SimplyCreative at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.