Has anyone tried?

Ever used that flea powder for the floor? I s it safe to use with kids in another room? Thank you have a bad flea problem and trying to figure out whats safest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I've heard sprinkling a lot of salt works because it dries them out. Haven't tried it nor had a flea problem...but good luck!!
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 2:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I've heard about lemon juice working.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• We had a bad flea problem at our old house and this is what worked for us (it was a small house, carpeted only in the living room)

Take an old pie pan (or one of those cheap aluminum ones). Fill it with water and a ton of dishsoap so you have a huge mound of bubbles. Set it on the floor near the wall, and plug in a lamp near it (we used a desk lamp with a moveable head). Point the light right at the bubbles, turn off all the other lights, then sit and watch the fun! They jump in and suffocate in the bubbles since they can't jump out!
    Seriously we found this so entertaining! After 2 nights of this the fleas were completely gone. Plus, we had gotten rid of the filthy stray that my DD had brought into the house in the first place (gave the cat to the family next door who already had about a thousand of them).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2009