What are some funny things you used to think about or believe?

I used to think Mandarin Oranges were from regular oranges; sometimes when I eat an orange there is a little "baby" section the size & sweetness of a Mandarin Orange. If you've seen them, you know what I'm talking about lol. So I thought they peeled those off & canned them. I also thought "Anon" was a person. What strange things did you believe that seem silly now?

mamma84

Asked by mamma84 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• op answering anon~there were so many cute/funny tales I couldn't pick just one lol!! :-)
    Anonymous

• I had a childhood friend who was about four years older than me and when i was about ten, she told me i could get pregnant from peppermints...i didn't eat for for three years. Lol
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• when my dad told me about germs...I thought that they crawled on you and that's why your skin itched!!! Also...my dad told me not to go into the back room because there was no floor. for years i thought he'd just been floating through the room, and that it was only something that daddies could do! lol
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 1:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I thought Y2K would happen lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I believe that something important will happen to me at 9:11 am or pm someday. It seems that for the past decade, I always look at the clock when it reads 9:11
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• when i was younger my parents told me not to eat candy before I wen to sleep because mice would try to eat my face off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• This is not me but what my mom use to believe but it's quite funny.
    She was never taught about sex properly at all.
    She read in a text book that sperm was microscopic so when her ex husband decided to go during intercourse she jumped up and thought she was bleeding to death. He had to calm her down and explain to her that she was not dying and that it came in liquid form. lol
    Anonymous

• When I was a kid my mom told me that tuna was made from dolphins and not to tell my sister becase she wouldn't eat it. She denies it but I swear up and down that's what she told me!!!!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh, my parents used rubbed condoms. So when I was a kid I thought that a penis was in the shape of a ribbed condom. As a preteen my girlfriends and I were drawing penises and when I drew a ribbed one I got laughed at. They said that penises don't look like that. I said, "My dad's must!"
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I believe that if you make a wish at 10:10, 11:11 or 12:12 it will come true

I had a friend in high school that believed that wishbone dressing was the dog from the show wishbone.

I believe in good men unicorns and fairy tales
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009