Pulled from an answer... What did you do for Y2K?

Did you prepare for anything? What did you do that night?

I watched my ex husband freak out, lol. He stood outside on out patio overlooking the city we lived in and when the clock struck midnight he ducked as if we were going to be bombed! LOL, that was my Y2K

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:26 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I layed in my closet...I thought the world was going to blow up lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I was 15 so I laughed at everyone. My grandparents were freaked out though, and watched the sky all scared. My mom was kinda nervous but not really. I didn't really care if all the computers crashed, then there would have been no school the next day lmao!!
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 1:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i wasin 8th grade and my small ass town have a 1 time new years party with a ball drop and everything it was great wish they'd party like that more
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:44 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Boy oh boy, I feel old. I was in Atlantic City for black tie ball. I was not worried about all that end of the world garbage. I had a good time!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My husband was in Information Technology at Disney Imagineering at the time, and they had a big Y2K party at the office. Twofold purpose...to bring in the New Year and to make sure all the computer systems were still working (which they were).

Answer by gdiamante at 1:53 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Nothing...my grandparents wouldn't let me go anywhere because they didn't want me out with the "crazies" I didn't think anything would happen because other countries had their midnight before us and nothing happened to them...so I wasn't worried.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had food and water for more than a week and I stayed home and sober. I remember praying for everyone partying to keep their wits about them in case of an attack of some sort. This New Years was pretty calm and I didn't even think about an attack, I think everyone was much more relaxed. I guess Al Quaida was asleep at the wheel because that would have been a great time for a terror attack. Thank God. :)
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• OMG, I still laugh about this.
    MIL was freaked out and wanted ALL OF US to be at her house, just in case. I was 7 months pregnant an did NOT want to stay up until midnight. We watched New Year's around the world, blah blah blah. With each "midnight" I would say, "Is THAT the one?" asking which Y2K was going to end the world or blow up computers or what. Was that going to be Eastern time? Pacific time? Greenwich mean time?

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I spent most of New Year's Eve that year in a car driving from Chicago back home to Missouri. We had just had my grandmother's funeral the day before (she died Christmas Day 1999). We got home around 11pm and promptly passed out (it had been a long 3 days and an even longer 8 hour drive with me being pregnant). My alarm woke me the next morning for work and I rolled over, looked at my husband and said, "I guess the world didn't end because I have to get up and go to work." He got to sleep in. I was never worried, though. I thought the people that were freaking out were nuts.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:15 PM on Jan. 4, 2009