When my daughter gets upset it seems like she trys to make herself throwup?? Is this for attention you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter does that and shes 3 but sometimes she does throw up i just ignore her
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• my brother did this for the longest time...at ten YO though lol. We just laughed at him and within a month he stopped..
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yep attention-walk away from her when she does it,I mean completely leave the room.She should stop and if she does throw up,I personally would make her help or at least stand there while u clean it up.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yes she does this for attention.You need to stop this now before she gets older.When she does it,don't say anything to her ,clean up the mess and put her in time out or spank her if you believe in that. I do believe in spanking, its been years since I have had to do it but I threaten to do it and thats enough.Sometimes,1 spanking is all it takes. I never left welts or everything and never under clothes.I spank the bottom when they have clothes on and it hurts my hand more then them.
    SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• in my preschool class we had a boy who'd get himself so worked up over things that he'd gag. he stopped for good (at least at school) when i told him that if he makes himself throw up, i would not clean it up and that HE would have to do it. the boy was 4, and quite capable of doing the job (though someone would have had to go behind to disinfect, obviously). it never came to that. he just learned to get himself in check, before he got too bad. good luck with yours. try this. it'll work.
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 4:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My mother-in-law said my husband did that as a toddler. Definitely, it's your baby's way of getting attention. Make it clear that's not going to work for you. That she needs to stop it or ELSE!
    Anonymous