• In the Spotlight:

what is wrong with your baby sleeping in your bed?

DD sleeps with me...she is 14 months old. why is this so bad???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not bad in my book.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Cause there is a chance you could crush her... My son slept with me for the first month he was home, or he wouldn't sleep. He still gets in bed with us in the mornings or in the middle of the night.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 1:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I just think it depends on who you are. For you, this may work very well and I bet its nice to be close to her. For me, this would be very very bad. I am a hard sleeper so my babies have never slept with me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My baby slept with me in the beginning. Now she sleeps in her crib all night, then at 7am, she wakes up for a diaper and a bottle. We give her the bottle in our bed and then she sleeps with us for the rest of the morning . . (til like 9 or 10am)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't know if it is good or bad but here is why I don't paln to sleep w/my baby(didn't w/ds either).There is the risk of rolling onto your child,even an olderchild who is a heavy sleeper can get tangled in your covers.Also,read some of the questions by other mom asking"how do I get my 2,3,6,7 yr old out of our bed?" the older they get the harder it is to transition them.next reason:my partner and I deserve a space for us,just us.It is important for me to have a space that is for us as lovers/grownups.Just my choice, not a judgement.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It can be dangerous. The parent can roll over and smother a child, the bedding or pillows could smother, or the baby could slip down between the bed and wall or head board and die. If you are going to do it, you should get the special co-sleeper attachment for the bed.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 1:48 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• it was great for me! My son and I loved it. From the day he came home he has always slept threw the night and woke up with a big smile
    But my baby is weird because in the car, as soon as we play our music louder he will fall asleep. I think it was becuase when I had freinds in the car before and we would turn it up loud and sing and dance with him =)
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is nothing wrong with it as long as you haven't been drinking or take meds that make you sleep.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Good for you my dd sleeps with me still sometimes at the age 2 shes slept with me since she was born i think its wonderful i got to bond with her i've never been scared of rolling on her or anything i maybe alseep but i still know shes there.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 2:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Not bad to me, my 21 month still does it and it works well in our family.
    CashJulianMommy

Answer by CashJulianMommy at 2:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2009