what can i do for this poor kitten???

i got a new kitten from the newspaper i know not the best place well i ended up with this cute little black female kitten they said she was 8 weeks old but there is NO way she is that old well i think she is about 6 weeks they said that her mother left her when she was about 1-2 old so she was deprived of her nutrition that she need well she looks so skinny and i was wonder what is best to feed her? she has a broken tail i know poor baby right they said it came from her grandfather is that even possible? and her hair seems so fine and almost falling out uuuhhhh please help me out what can i do to help this little one?? also dont have money for a vet right at this moment please dont bash but iam working on it! thanks

Reneemommy

Asked by Reneemommy at 1:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I actually had a kitten like that too. It will heal. There is really nothing you can do =( And vets are going to be WAY too much. She will probally just end up with a croked tail. I would just try to make her as comfy as possible and put the food and water right next to her.
    Are you bottle feeding her still?
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 1:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• no she is on solid food they have had her on that for a while they put water in it should i use milk or water? because she is not even supposed to be weened yet right? thank you
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 2:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• No she SHOULD still be drinking formula. You can go and buy formula form walmart or a pet store near by. If she is already on solids what I would do would be get some kitten food and then mix in more of the formula into the food bowl. Is there any reason she was taken off her mom so fast? That COULD play a role in her tail. Ussally that would not happen. I am wondering if becuase they took her off so fast she didnt get all the vitimins and nutrition needed so her bones are weaker in which making them easier to break. I know with Max ( my kitten ) he was abandomed by his mother and they put him on foods right away like that and the same thing happend. Maybe is just coinsidence though. I would say get the best kind of kitten food mixed with that milk
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 2:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• uuhhh Thank You So Much!!!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 2:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• your welcome!! =)
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 2:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ya Walmart has the formula and the baby bottle to use too. You should feed her probably every few hours. As for the tail, I dont think there is much you can do, but you could try popscicle sticks and gauze. Not saying she wont pick at it.
    medmaster2006

Answer by medmaster2006 at 2:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If you get formula,don't use the Hertz brand, its trash! Get powder it will last longer.Feed her a good CAN kitten food.Cant don't drink enough water and get water from the can food.If the tail is broken,the broken part needs to be removed.She also needs a good worming.You can get the worm meds from the vet w/o taking her in.You need to know her weight.Don't give her any type of milk but kitten formula.I used to work in a bust vet hospital, PM me with questions or come and join my animal group, its called The Animal Den.
    SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• UMMM if she is 6+ weeks more thing likely she wouldnt need bottle fed. I would get her a really good food not walmart the food value sucks. It has to be kitten food and I would do can/dry mix. Feed her all the time as much as she can eat. I have taken in my fare share of stray kittens. YOu need to get her to the vet asap. She could have worms, or any number of health issues besides her broken tale. Being that she is small may have nothing to do with her age but everything to do with health. Call around alot of vets will do a free first time kitten visit.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 3:09 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I also got a kitten a year and a half ago that was extremely malnourished and was missing an eye. She weighed just 2 lbs :( I made sure to keep the food dish full at all times so she could eat whatever she wanted and gain weight back. She's such a sweetheart.

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• you can give her the formula a few times a day in a water dish if she will lap it up.dont leave it in there. i have rescued many abanded kittens. also fostered them too.
    Theresa65882

Answer by Theresa65882 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 4, 2009