since my husband is deployed .....

does anyone know if i can get any funding for me to go back to school? any website or anything? any help is appreciated , i want to take some online classes but would be nice to have a little finacial help?

boyer94

Asked by boyer94 at 1:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• What does him being deployed have to do with anything??
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• because the army give a lot of benifits for the spouse, like child care, tax cuts, discounts on many stores, insurance, credit card interest rates, any loan interest rates, i could go on forever... but haven't heard anything about college funding???
    boyer94

Answer by boyer94 at 1:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Some bases offer spouses education assistance, but I think that it is only on overseas bases. Contact the Base Education Center and they can tell you what is available. When my husband was in the Air Force and we were stationed overseas the Air Force would pay for one class per semester.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 3:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i agree with the above & do you have a local college or community college? if you go talk to their counselors, they will direct you & often they offer on-line courses (my daughter took a math class online from our local community college) you might be surprise what the local colleges offer for online degrees as well & they often transfer or the classes are reconizable if you decide to actually attend classes. Check it out before you do anything off the net.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Also if you have an FRG group the leader should know where to direct you for your particular base
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 4, 2009