Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help with this

so i need to get on gov help to go to this place i want to go to so i cant get my traning and stuff
im only 17 and 33 wks pregnant
i live at home with my dad cuz i moved back to colorado from montana when the babys dad kicked me out
the place i want to go to is in noth dakota so i dont want to move out just yet
i was wondering how u do a sep house hold thing cuz i buy my own food and pay rent
how would i do the lease and everything should my dad and step mom just wrie a note saying she lives here but pays us rent and buys her own food or wut should i do???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (2)
  • Just write a letter spelling out the arangement. They may need one from your dad too but it shouldn't be a problem. They may say they have to count his income until you're 18 since he's your father and he should support you until your 18. Ask them and they'll tell you what they need from you. Good luck!!

    Answer by shmorris56 at 2:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

  • a letter should work. i got food stamps while living with my mom cuz she wrote a letter stating I bought my own food, cooked my own meals, paid rent. I was basically a roomate. But every state is different. sorry im not much help

    Answer by blondie09 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.