How can I keep my daughter warm at night?

hello everyone. I need some suggestions. We live in the north and it's already starting to have some really cold nights here. I'm trying to figure out how to keep my daughter warm at night. She's almost two and tosses all around when she sleeps so the blankets are always coming off of her. She doesn't put them back on her and she's always so cold in the morning. I have been setting my alarm and getting up in the middle of the night just to put the blankets back on. She Hayes feet pajamas and finds ways to kick her socks off too lol. I dress her warm every night but that doesn't help her feet or her body really. Any suggestions?

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 6:13 AM on Oct. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I guess if she won't keep her footy pajamas or blanket on the only option is to turn the heat up or put a heated blanket (the ones where you can control the temps) under her sheet so that she stays a little warmer at least.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 6:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2011

• Is she in a crib or a regular bed? Maybe a child sized, polar fleece type sleeping bag to snuggle down in?
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:18 AM on Oct. 7, 2011

• My nephew is the same way he used a sleeping bag you can get quite long ones that they still put their arms through and zip up
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2011

• Flannel sheets and some flannel pj's. Try button pj's. So she won't take those off but socks we always kick those off. Maybe try to put some padding around the inside of your windows so there's no draft coming in.
    creena

Answer by creena at 6:50 AM on Oct. 7, 2011

• Thank you all for the suggestions
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 7:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2011

• some kids (and people!) are tossers. she will NOT freeze. eventually if she gets uncomfortable enough she'll root around for her covers
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2011