Severe menstrual pain... I can't breath!

So I've always had bad menstrual pain, but this month the pain is absolutely UNBEARABLE. It feels like I am being stabbed all over my right abdomen, and I've been through a miscarriage and childbirth before so I am no wimp when it comes to pain. I know I'm not having a miscarriage, so does anyone have any idea why the pain could be SO severe? Is this something I should go to the dr. about? Its so bad and it doesn't feel like normal cramps - more like that "side ache" pain you get after running, but its been constant for 2 days now, and only getting worse... Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Health

• i would def see a doctor about it. Um you can also try a hot water bottle where the pain is and see if that help with the pain. I get really bad cramps when i come on. I almost be in tears.
    Meeka512

Answer by Meeka512 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I don't mean to scare you but if it's on the right side and the pain is that severe it's possible it could be your appendix. If it's still feeling like that you should really get it checked out.
    Feridust

Answer by Feridust at 2:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It could be your appendix, or it could be a ruptured cyst. If it's constant and getting worse, you should probably be checked out. Even severe menstrual pain should come and go. I hope you feel better soon.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009