Am I in one of those relationships ?=(

Background history:
I am 20
Have a 4 year old
meet husband when I was 15
Had him when I was 16
Situation :
My husband is smoking pot, has done other drugs since our son was born. And drinks . This is almost every night. Quit a VERY GOOD PAYING job to work as a delivery boy .
What would you do? I dont know anymore. I am stuck

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't let anyone do drugs around my child. I am not saying I am a saint. But when you start a family it is time to grow up. If he wanted to stay immature, he shouldn't have made a child with you. It is time for him to get a real job and quit doing drugs. If he won't, then it is time for you to leave him and move on. Find someone who will be a good husband and father.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• He does not do drugs around the baby. ever
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• One of "those" relationships? Not quite sure what you mean by that...but I will suggest you check out Al-Anon.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:38 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• sweetie the longer he does drug he will get to the point he won't care anymore.. i had a very good guy friend but he didn't care anymore and he started doing it in front of his lil girl and he pasted away in front of the lil girl and she thought he was napping.. not just that if you get caught having drugs in the house you can get 13 yr in prison both of you cause you live together and if you are willing to put your life and your childs life in danger, so be it but i am just telling you as a bail bondsman that your life is worth something to your child and prison doesn't care who you are...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The Al-Anon suggestion is great.

You know this is a bad deal for you and the child - and yet you defend this jerk with a "he never does drugs around the baby". WOW! What does he want - a cookie? This is a boy, not a man.

You need to make sure you have a high school degree and you need to get a job and be self-sufficient. Illegal is illegal and like ANON 403 says - you will both get busted.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:16 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I soooooooooo love these types of posts,questions,etc. It really makes me feel so happy/lucky to be single! LOL!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Do you realize that your child could be taken away for this if someone reported it? Why would you want to risk that?
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 9:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Yes, you are in one of "those" relationships! A healthy relationship does not involve drugs, disrespect, or immature behavior! Fortunately there is PLENTY you can do about it! The first thing I would do, is LEAVE with your child. What is so special about a man who cannot fulfill his part of the relationship?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2009