Wow... I don't know what to say or think????

I made a really good guy friend from the internet there's my first problem, but I have been friends with this person for almost a year and just now he tells me that he is a she.... I'm just really shocked right now and in disbelief. Would you still talk to this person or just put them in the past for lying to you all this time. My fiancee is sitting here laughing about it he never had a problem with it he trusted me, but now I don't know what to say

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• i agree with Annon 224. if he/she lied about the gender, they(he/she) is lying about other things. Not a good foundation for a friendship. I mean really, your on the net so why lie bout that. i can understand bout lying about your name, address, etc..the nets a dangerious place but your gender? Weird! weirdo! you be careful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well, it doesn't sound like you are too bothered by the lying or you wouldn't have to ask for advice. If it doesn't bother you, continue the firendship. I would be curious why she lied all that time though.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• *friendship
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 2:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If she/he lied to you about something as simple as their gender I would hate to find out what else the she-man is hiding from you! I wouldn't stick around long enough to find out. I would definitely cut off all contact.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ask how the gender re-assignment surgery went!! Honestly, idk, that's odd...I'd probably stop talking to them, or stop talking to them as much
    mamma84

Answer by mamma84 at 2:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• WOW that is odd why lie about something like your gender.... I wouldn't talk to that person anymore and I am all about chatting online. BUt when things turn werid or freaking I bale out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If this person is really your friend, just tell them how you feel. It's all the same stuff on the inside - just the outside that would look different if you met them.

Are you so disturbed because this person has made sexual comments to you?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I would ask the person why, and let them know you are willing to listen and i am sure they will tell you, but i am sure they felt guilty for doing this but they didn't want to end the friendship in a bad way. and give them time to tell you why if that has to be, but don't bail on him/her right now a friuend would be there no matter what the 1 person did wrong just tell them no more hiding things like that... maybe the person like the same kind of people or maybe they never really had a female friend
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• LOL!
    zacnmariesmom

Answer by zacnmariesmom at 4:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If you never plan on meeting this person then who cares?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009