OWIE! Why do my nipples hurt and why are they so erect?

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I have VERY sore and erect nips. Why? Is this normal?

How come there is nothing about it in my baby books?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:31 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe you're reading the wrong books? LOL. They can only cover so much. Typically the breasts will go through lots of changes during pregnancy and most certainly will afterwards. I guess most of the talk is about them swelling and engorging, but the nipples tend to change a lot, too, in color, shape, and erectness. Eventually the sensitivity will lessen, but they may forever be changed.

You're normal. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Its comin im 18 and my mother said its from the producing in the breast....The milk..Myne is like that and it does hert...I got raped by this drunk guy and it was horrible and im also engaged
    Babymea17

Answer by Babymea17 at 2:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am only 21 weeks and have had hard nips for 4 days now....ugh hurts like hell. DH really likes it though. I told him if he touched he might pull back a bloody stump.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009