How long did it take...

before you were into sex again after having your baby. My son is almost 5 mos old and I want nothing to do with it. I don't even think about it and it's really starting to cause drama between me and my DH I do it sometimes just so he'll be happy but I dread it every time he brings it up...which is multiple times a day. It's really annoying and I wish he'd leave me alone. Should he be more understanding or should I give in more? What do I do. I need to fix this before we hate each other over something so stupid.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I go through the same thing after 2 kids i don't really want to, my doctor has tried multiple medications and none seem to work for me she says the other alternative is a hormone shot but that doesnt always help either. my husband actually went with me and told her about this. my husband is a little more understanding after hearing that alot of women go through this same thing, but he does still expect it a few times a week so i just give in
    candcmommy08

Answer by candcmommy08 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I hear you-My "baby" is 22 months old and I still don't want to have any sex. I just give in:) Sorry wish I had something great to tell you. When somebody finds out the answer to this ? I will be the first in line to find out the answer lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• If health insurance isn't an issue I would talk to your OB/GYN. It would be hormone related, given recent events.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Actually it is, we don't have medical insurance and I just got my first abnormal pap in 5 years and there's nothing I can do about it...that bothers me too! I don't know if it's the way I look. stress, depression, hormones, the mirena, me breastfeeding, i'm not close to him anymore, when we're not fighting about this and laughing and joking I feel fine but as soon as he brings up sex I become distant so I know I still love him. Maybe it's a lot of both. I just wish he could understand instead of causing problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Meet in the middle. for some of us the "you've GOT to be kidding" stage lasts a long time.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It sounds like you have a lot going on and sex is the last thing on your mind. I think you need to talk to you DH and try to make him understand how you are feeling. You need to be honest with him and let him know that you are really stressed right now.

Maybe you could try setting up a romantic dinner and telling him that you really need to talk about this. If you have never told him exactly how you feel then he might not know that there is something wrong.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 4:51 AM on Jan. 4, 2009