Do you feel ok walking around a hotel's common areas without shoes?

When we are at a hotel DH always puts his shoes on any time he is out of the room, even if it's just to get ice or something. DS and I never do that, in fact we'll even sit in the lobby in our bare feet. Where do you fit in on this question?

surobb

Asked by surobb at 2:54 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I put shoes on too!! I am not sure why but whenever I am barefoot I always think I am going to catch athletes foot lol. Just one of those crazy thoughts that won't leave my mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Eww sick...I gotta at least wear socks and then they won't go back in my shoes unless I get a clean pair. I even bring flip flops to shower in!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I wear socks at least even in the room....no way do I want my feetsies where who knows what has been!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You don't know if you are stepping on someones pee, poop, vomit etc. Eww! OH! and don't forget stepping on someones loogies (phlegm) or spit. WEAR SOCKS OR SHOES!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 3:19 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I always wear shoes everywhere. In the room, I will wear my socks at bedtime, so of course, I walk around the room in them to go to the bathroom. I don't even like being barefoot around my house . . . I have dogs and I HATE the feeling of dog hair or anything being stuck to my feet. I'm a ilttle OCD.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:27 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I always wear shoes too, and if its at a hotel and we're in the room i'll still put slippers on, because I do get disgusted with the rug, who know's how many nasty people have been on there eww. Even in the showers of hotels I'll wear slippers because I get grossed out right away.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:37 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Shoes - yeah.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• yes, I do wear shoes. Not around the room usually, but I bring slippers with me. If Im leaving the room for any reason, I wear flip flops.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i wear slippers.
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I either wear shoes or slippers. You never know what is lurking on the floors and in the carpet. When I was little a boy named Jacob in my class caught a tapeworm from walking barefoot in McDonalds. He "brought" it to show and tell and it was nasty. You could see it formed under the skin in his foot. AAAGGGHH! Plus I am a complete germophobe.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 9:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009