How can i get my daughter off the breast?

My daughter is 29 months old and does not want to stop breastfeeding, its getting very frustrating i have no clue how to get her to stop will i have to just let her scream or is there an easier way for her and me? Any advice please help

mom-of3

Asked by mom-of3 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Weening takes discipline and time. Find one feeding of the day and supplement it with something else. The best time is breakfast or lunch. This is a time you can begin to give a cup instead and breakfast. Stop nursing at time for 1-2 weeks and until it is routine. Then begin a new nursing time to stop and supplement with something else continue with both times until it is routine for a couple weeks and move onto the next.

Go to the library and find books on the subject. "The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" was a good one for me.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:48 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• well what i did was give him alot of milk before he went to sleep and when he woke up trying to eat i just turned him around and rocked him back to sleep yeah for awhile they will cry but be too tired and as for during the day i just did everything to occupie him not to think about breastfeedin it might be frustrating but it needs to be done and might get harder the longer you wait
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2008