late and confused

i don't have the most regular cycles, but they're never this late... i was supposed to start on dec. 30th (that would make it a 28 day cycle- my usual cycles are anywhere from 21-28 days). i am now on day 33 and still no period. i have taken 4 tests and have gotten a bfn on all of them. i have a few symptoms- fatigue, mild cramping- but nothing compared to what i had with my 1st pregnancy. i know other factors can make your period late but i haven't been overly stressed or anything lately. i'm waiting another week and taking another test, but in the mean time i would like opinions. do you think i could be pregnant or do you think it's other factors?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• 50-50, really. You might have been testing too early.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Sounds kinda like it to me, but you never know! And, as far as symptoms go, the symptoms from one pregnancy can be completely different from another! With my first, I had almost no symptoms at first, but then I was extremely sick & had really sore breasts. I'm prego right now, and I knew about a week after conception that something was NOT right. I was eating us out of house & home and I was SO fatigued! lol

I would test again in a few days, and if you still don't start or get a BFP, go in for a blood test and maybe a pelvic ultrasound. It could be that you have a cyst on your ovary that's delaying your period, but you would probably have some pain in that ovary if it was.

Anyway, good luck! Baby dust!!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 10:03 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• With the excitement of the holidays and everything, maybe you O'd later than usual and your period is just gonna be a little later than normal. If you have taken 4 tests and all have been negative, then I would guess that you are erither not pregnant or you O'd later and it is just too early to detect yet. I hope you get your BFP next week!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It may be just your body being out of wack...but you could be preggers as well! I got all bfn's unit my BFP on 18 dpo...it could just turn up late! Your body can also play tricks on you, if your mind really thinks its preggo than periods can go into hiding. If no period in a week and still a bfn, go see your gyno and see what he thinks...hope this helps.:.:.:.:LOTS-O-BABY DUST:.:.:.:.
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 2:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2009