Lack of Sleep

Okay, about a week ago, our son (8 months old) was on a nice schedule. But for the last three days now forget about schedules.He refuses to sleep now! he use to take 3 naps a day, anywhere from 45mins to 2hours.. but now.. he's up for 6+ hours and really fussy. I know that he's cutting teeth, but nothing seems to be working! I have tried singing, rocking, just patting back, and bottom, we've played, and ate, had a bath, and ibprofen.. any suggestions???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids are the same way. I have tried everything with both my kids. I have a 7 month and a 2 year old that I have problems getting them on a schedule. My daughter if she is alseep at around 8 or 9 then she is up at 12 and awake until 7 in the morning. I hope someone has some good advice to help. Sorry I wasn't any help but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 4:32 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My son did the same thing at about that age - something about their sleep cycles developing. I found a great book called the "90 minute baby sleep program" which is written by a sleep scientist/mother. It's really been a help to us. Short version: humans have a 90 minute alertness cycle. Starting from the moment you wake up, halfway through you'll be the most alert and then at the end of the 90 minutes you're most able to fall asleep. The book taught me how to keep an eye out for my son's sleepy signals and then help him get settled when he's most able to sleep. It really helped us a lot, and I think you can find it on amazon for really cheap. :)
    MamaSueCongdon

Answer by MamaSueCongdon at 4:49 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I sure wish knew the answer. I'd be sound asleep in my comfy King bed, in my husbands arms. Aaah, those were the days! :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My 7mo does the same thing. He even wakes up twice a night!! I know hes teething, maybe growing pains? I donno, but I do know that I need to sleep....its after 4am and I cant sleep even though I'm tired from being up with him twice a night then up with my other two when they wake up and all the activities going on during the day! PHEWWWW
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 5:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• You know what, ask this question at around 9am when all the moms who got sleep are awake!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 5:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i have a four month old... sleep doesnt exist in my house at all. ive tried everything believe me, nothing works. i need SLEEEEEEP
    laurabebe

Answer by laurabebe at 4:06 PM on Jan. 4, 2009