I don't feel like being a mom anymore

he's been with his grandmother since tuesday and i don't feel i want him back idk what's wrong with me

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• PPD?

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:26 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• well, you should talk to a therapist... Im sure you Love him maybe your just going though PPD. : ( i hope you feel differently soon.

Answer by d.wooldridge at 6:30 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• I thought I was the only person in the world who went through this and I was too embarassed to say anything....when my son was about 2 months old(he's 5 months old now and I'm a first time Mom) I just got tired and felt like quitting. I had days where I was like "I can't do this. I can't do this anymore." It does not make you a bad person. It makes you a tired, realistic Mom stating what many of us have felt but haven't said out loud. Have you talked to anyone about it? Mine went away. I got up one morning and the feeling was gone. It took me a long time to bond with my son though. When I was in the hospital and had him, I didn't see him much so I didn't get to bond with him right away. Anyway, sounds like you're a little depressed or overly tired. My suggestion is to talk to someone if the feeling keeps up. Luckily, my feelings about it went away pretty quick.

Answer by fricky29 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• First of all, momand4kids, your implies possession. "Is this your mitten?" I think what you mean is YOU'RE, which is a contraction meaning YOU ARE. If you can't be helpful at least don't make an ass of yourself.

I agree with Octobersmom, could you have postpartum depression?

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• My guess would be ppd. Amazing someone always jumps in and says selfish.

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• Nice, first responder.

You could have PPD. I suggest you call your OB/GYN ASAP, and they will refer you to a therapist and/or psychiatrist. Please seek help. Don't feel ashamed, and don't let people make you feel bad.

Answer by Christine0813 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• If you are feeling that way then let him stay with his grandmom. Seek help with your doctor or a professional about your feelings.

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• call your doc and tell them whats going on with you..ppd isnt something alot of ppl can just get over or just act like thse feelings arent there..sometime medication and therapy are needed..i suffred from ppd and its not easy to do still love your baby and want to be able to care for him..your still a good mom even if u have ppd that took me a very long time to understand! plz call your ob or family doc

Answer by rachel216 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• See your dr ASAP don't think your the only one that goes through this it's very common nothing to feel ashamed of but you do need to do something about it your baby needs you ((hugs)) good luck!

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:37 PM on Oct. 7, 2011

• – collapse
    What? She's finally come to her senses and we start telling her to get therapy? Being a mom is Hard... I think she should sign up for the talk show circuit and travel around the country trying to beat some sense into young women before they run right out and have a baby.

Answer by Blabbermouth at 6:42 PM on Oct. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand