Going poop in the potty!

Ok ladies I'm having some major issues! I have a 3 year old little boy (turned 3 in August) who will PEE everytime in the potty. Never misses it HOWEVER when it comes to poop that's a different story. He has been peeing in the potty since about 2 years and 8 months but never ONCE has he pooped in the potty. He just refuses to do it. I have bribbed with toys, candy, tv, movies, everything that I can think of but he just continues to go in his underwear. I have done the time-out method for this and made him sit there for about 5 minutes and then asked him when he gets up "now are you going to poop in the potty and he will say yes mommy" but guess what the next time will go again in his underwear. I have sat him on the potty when he got the "face" that he had to go but he just won't go. I'm out of options and suggestions. Has anyone else experienced this and what did you do?

dylansmommy0801

Asked by dylansmommy0801 at 6:42 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• sorry I can't help, my 3yr old daughter is in the same boat. she will even wake up in the night and ask to go pee if she has to, but she will not poop in the potty. If I put her on the potty thinking she has to go, she'll just hold it in. I was told that one day, she'll just do it when she's ready and not before.
    robinski41671

Answer by robinski41671 at 7:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had the same problem with my DD, she would even go on the floor before going in the potty. The first time she went poop (by accident) in the potty we had a party complete with a barbie doll cake from Grandma and a wrapped present. After that she wanted a present so I bought cheap little things for a dollar or underwear and wrapped it up for her. After two weeks no problems and no more presents!
    wilcoxamanda

Answer by wilcoxamanda at 9:07 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have four children three of them had no problems going poop in the potty.  I do have a four year old son (a twin) who is scared to poop in the toilet.  He will actually go into the bathroom tell me to leave him alone when I go in to see if he needs help.  He has been pooping in his pants puting the poop in the toilet, wash his hands change his underwear and goes on with his day.  I am not sure what t do.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 1:04 PM on Jan. 4, 2009