hello every1 im new to this site, but my sister is 35 weeks pregnant and she keeps gettin wet knickers everyday. today she has white lumpy discharge with clear discharge too, can some1 please tell me wat i shall tell her?

My sister went to her midwife and her baby is breech. the midwife wasnt really much help she just said therres no obvious siigns ur in labour but wear a pad and if it is still wet then ring the delivery suite, so im just as confused as her

carlie2009

Asked by carlie2009 at 7:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Has she been checked for a bladder infection? All of that could be signs of an infection.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• ive had 4 little buggers! Wet panties are often because of pressure from the baby is laying on her bladder or kicking it. sometimes when she goes she may not completely empty out so the last little bit will dribble later. Unless she in pain or there is blood, i wouldnt be to worried about the wet panties, wear a pad like the mid-wife explained. the white curds are often a mild type of a yeast infection, could be brought on by the wet panties. have her go to the doctor, if your that concerned. I'd be concerned but not alarmed. there is a difference. but do watch the breech situation. Congrads....by the way. :-)
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:28 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I had this happen to me too! But It started earlier and was happening to me after orgasms mostly. It was literaly a flood and I would soak through two towels and the sheets. I thought my water was breaking, went to the hospital but no labour. When it happened over and over I had to find out what the hell was going on. My doctor, did some searching around and we concluded that I was retaining so much extra fluid it was being forced out. the baby and the fluid level in my amniotic sac were fine. when my water did finaly break it was six hours after labour had begun. The good side to this is that due to all the fluid my doctor said that my uterus was extra coushioned to help ease the transition from early to late labour and he was right. The first six hours were only slightly excruciating! I am happy to hear that I am not the only one out there that this happened to. And It didn't happen with baby number 2!
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:29 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Since she went to a midwife, I'm assuming they checked to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid. If it is not that, I'm sure she's just having extra discharge which is normal or urine, which is normal form the pressure of the baby! Good luck!
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 10:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• i think she she call her doctor to be on the safe side or if she get in touch with her doctor go the hospital
    lilmomma30295

Answer by lilmomma30295 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 4, 2009