Trying for a girl

Any suggestions of how to conceive a girl. We have 4 wonderful boys and would love to try one last time for a girl. I know no guarantees and would love another boy just the same. However a daughter would be wonderful.
Any tried and true theories?

JenA83

Asked by JenA83 at 8:36 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• The sperm that makes a girl is slower than the "boy" sperm, but it lives longer. So you have to time your sex so that it is before you ovulate, that way, the "boy" sperm have died off and you only have "girl" sperm left by the time you ovulate. There's a bit more to it if you want to get more involved with it, but that's the basics. There is a book written by a couple of Drs. I think it's called How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby or something like that. Anyway, we read it and followed it and we got the boy we were wanting. 3 of my sisters-in-law used it too and it worked for them all. Good luck!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have 5 little boys and love them to bits but i always have the feeling i am missing a little girl. We had a lovely boy nearly 6yrs ago now and ever since we tried for a little sister but ended up with 4 other little brothers which was brilliant and i wouldn't change it for the world but i would love a girl now and we have tried methods and myths and theories but obviously none of them worked but in the end we thought it was stupid and would be happy with whatever we got.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 10:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The only theory I've heard is the one BlessedMommy64 mentioned. But I know for a fact that both my son and my daughter were conceived 2 days before ovulation, so....
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:33 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• BlessedMommy has a great answer for you. As for me, I remember going on an ovulation calculator website and they give you a window time frame of about a week when you're ovulating. My husband and I did it everyday that week and got a girl. We may have even done it a few days before ovulation started. I'm pregnant now with a boy and did it during ovulation week again.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My mom (mom of 2 girls) always told me to eat lots of citris foods around conception...weather this works...idk, Im now pregnant with #2 and its going to be a suprise :o) Good luck!
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 2:45 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Read How to Choose the sex of your baby. It was written in the 70's. There are some very solid thoughts on how to get pregnant, and just "practicing" got us the girl of our dreams... after two boys and LOADS of boys in the family.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:10 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• BlessedMommy had the only answer i was gonna suggest - i think you must stop having sex at least 24 hours before you are due to ovulate - however, you must remember these methods only increase the chance of a child of a certian gender - there are no guarentees & of course in the case of trying for a girl you may have find that you have done the deed only to ovulate sooner than you expected & cancel out the selection method. Or that you stopped sex too soon & missed the ovulation date - it can take awhile.

Ive 5 sons & no daughters - id prefer a boy next time round. I guess we are all different!
    sarahjoyce

Answer by sarahjoyce at 6:27 AM on Jan. 5, 2009

• They say foods like fish helps. But you both have to eat it.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 2:46 AM on Jan. 6, 2009