Odd colored (light beige) poop

Any and all moms, I can use your help. My daughter seems to be on a hunger strike only picking a very little bit thru the day. She's also begun having very runny, BEIGE poop. We're calling Dr. today, but has anyone else had something like this happen to their toddler. My husband and I are quite concerned now. Maybe it's a virus. This will be day 3 of not eating much and beige poops.
HELP!

cordykatmommy

Asked by cordykatmommy at 8:58 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Red meat will turn it dark brown. Probably the color you are seeing means she hasn't eaten red meat for a few days. Have you noticed whether she has?

Answer by Bmat at 9:05 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• How does her urine look ? Is it darker than usual? Does she seem more tired than usual? Does she ever complain of upset tummy (not sure how old she is)?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:00 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Does it have a sickeningly sweet smell? If so, and it's getting yellowish, it sounds like it could be rotavirus.

Let her call the shots for eating...but when she does want to eat, make it starchy. This will control the possibility she has an upset stomach and help bulk her poop up, too.

Don't give her anything other than water and milk (unless milk makes her runny) to drink. Gatorade, pedialyte and juice have too much sugar and make diarrhea worse.

Just keep an eye on her and watch her for dehydration and/or fever. If you notice no tears when she cries or her eyes look dry, if her mouth starts to look/feel dry....take her in.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 11:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Hello
    my 18 months daughter has the same problem and i dont know what to do , did you go to see a docteur and did it go away....
    let me know asap please
    thanks
    angelikmaya

Answer by angelikmaya at 6:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2009