2 year old troubles.....

Hi everyone- My 28 month old daughter is (was) still sleeping in a crib because we are to afraid if we put her in a big girl bed that she'll just keep getting out of it and never go to bed. Well now as of last night she is now climbing out of her crib so that idea is not working anymore, she had to sleep with us last night because she kept climbing out. Does anyone have any ideas of how we can get her to stay in her own bed, we can get her a toddler bed now but how do we get her to stay in it when we put her to bed at night?

mumof2babies

Asked by mumof2babies at 10:04 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The first night we put my daughter in her own queen bed on the floor my dh told me to brace myself for a long night! she never got out of bed, slept the entire night. I think that was because she was used to taking naps with me in the big bed whild I was pregnant with her brother. My ds is a little differen, some nights we have to lay with him til he goes to sleep but I dont mind cause it's a little extra special time I get to spend with him. I guess I am way lucky my kids are so good in going to bed. The only thing we have in the rooms are their beds, that way if they get up they don't have things to get into! We tried putting a dresser in sons room but he kept getting up and slamming drawers. If they do get up and start playing around just let them. Dont let them learn that if they get up you will come in. dont be surprised if one morning you go to open the door and you find a body sleeping behind it! open doors slowly.
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 12:47 PM on Jan. 4, 2009

• we just got my son a toddler bed and we watch the "goodnight show" on sprout channel and when he falls asleep I carry him to his bed and he sleeps all night. I know the doctors encourage letting them fall asleep on their own but that is our special time just for us and he sleeps all night and absolutely loves his big boy bed...he is so proud of it! he takes everyone who enters our home to his room and points to it and then he sits down in the middle of it and smiles lol he is only 19months but we don't usually have a problem! Just make sure you listen for her in the morning lol or put up a baby gate to block her in because sometimes now since my son doesn't have to cry to get me to come get him he will just wake up and go about his business lol
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 6, 2009