People are mean to pregnant chicks!

Have you noticed how rude people can be about your pregnant body?! I am 9 WEEKS and someone said I was already showing (and I'm not. At all. I would admit it if I was.) Then commented on my boobs being bigger.
Whats the worst comment someones ever made to you?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 10:08 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, being asked if I was having twins over and over. That got old quick. I'm 5'0"...there is no place for the baby to grow but "out"...thanks for telling me I look like a hog though.

The one I just love is when I have had to get sick in public...you walk out of the bathroom stall to dirty looks! Sorry jerks! Especially with my first pregnancy...I was just so sick from start to finish...I puked up everything I ate. I would think "did me puking bother YOU? You should try throwing up 5-10 times a day every day sometime".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:12 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh kabbot01 I hear ya! I was in walmart when I was around 14 weeks and had to run for the bathroom and i puked and this lady goes: "well that's disgusting, don't you think they should just stay in?"

So apparently pregnant people should be quarantined. I mean seriously..
    tripletmomtobe

Answer by tripletmomtobe at 10:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• This past Thanksgiving, when I was 37 weeks pregnant, my cousin turned to me and asked, "Are you pregnant?"

I was like "OMGWTFDUH." (I didn't say it like that...but it was so totally obvious. I mean 37 weeks, SERIOUSLY?)

Then he said "Oh, okay. I just thought you were really fat."

*sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:17 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh man. I was like in my last month when I went to school last year. This one lady I walked by yelled to her friend next to her "Dang, she's big." I was sooo pissed that I wanted to land my fist in her face. I was in no mood.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• At my baby shower my SIL complemented me by saying I was all belly. My MIL who has to ruin everything says "No she's not, look how big her butt is!" very loudly in front of everyone.
    It was humiliating and rude of her to do that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Ummm well my mother wanted to see pics, so I sent her some. keep in mind im 5 3 and have no torso... anyway she has been convinced for some reason that i am lying about my due date (yah cuz im stupid) so when she saw the pictures she was like Ashley you are either further along and this baby is coming in december or you need to be careful about how much weight you gain, you dont want to get even fatter you want Dallin (hubby) to still be attracted to you! WTF she can be such a dirty waffle twat...... GAAAH oh and the are you SUUURE its not twins bs- from EVERYONE!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I am only 5'2, like a lot of the other posters, I grew straight out. I taught and chose not to tell students until I got past the first trimester. I taught 6th graders, so they didn't seem to notice. Well, the day after Christmas vacation I was in the clear to tell them. Every single class said something, but one boy said somethign along the lines of, "Oh, we thought you were just getting SUPER fat, like a hippo. I mean, we couldn't figure out how anyone could gain that much weight. Blah blah blah" I couldn't help and laugh, because they are kids. I also heard the constant remarks about how I should watch what I eat, etc.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 10:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• well people are idiots sometimes. the best bet is if not sure keep your mouth shut.I like to get smart back with the people. one girl asked me if i was prego cause i'm starting to show and i said yes i am and your starting to show too. the BITCH stamped on your forehead is starting to get darker. I probably coulda said something better but you know things just slip out when your mad. don't let it bug you too much. prego women are the most prettiest women out there. knowing they have another life in them and they are keeping them safe from all the other idiots is wonderful. lol
    ladyoverride

Answer by ladyoverride at 10:47 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I think sometimes people may think you want to hear that your showing even though you may not be. I went to the doc the other day and one of t he nurse's told me I looked terrible, that afternoon I went to the Disney store and this women said I look great. You see the women was just trying to cheer me up. I was annoyed by it but expected the complement with a smile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Oh I will never forget it! I was at one of our local discount stores on my lunch hour with my best friend. We selected our purchases and got in line. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. She cashed out first, then it was my turn. The cashier was a skinny, hair combed over old man, he looks at my prego belly and said (I thought nicely) "when are you due?", so I replied "in June", that asshole did a double take at my belly and then said "are you having twins???" OMG I was close to punching a person as I ever could be. I replied, "no, of course not!". To that he replied "well you are really big!" Jeez how rude!  I walked off in a huff and thank goodness my friend was with me.  I think I would have handled it much differently today, but then I was just in shock how rude a person could be.

rjroberts

Answer by rjroberts at 11:33 AM on Jan. 4, 2009