Can't remember anything!!!

Every since Tony was born, I can't remember a damn thing. I leave stuff everywhere. I almost lost two coats this year by leaving them in stores and other places. I used to be really good at keeping track of things. This rarely ever happened to me. Please tell me how you keep track of things. I don't know why I'm so airheaded. I forget to bring things even when they're in front of me. I'm going to get myself in to some deap crap one of these days.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have to put things in exactly the same place. Also, don't change the place you put something even though it seems like a better place- all you'll remember is the old place not the new place. Make lists and tack the lists to some place that you'll see it. For appointments I staple the appointment card to the bottom of the calendar and write the date on the calendar. When the day arrives, I pull the card off of the calendar and keep it on the seat beside me in the car, if I stop somewhere first, I set the card right in front of me near the steering wheel.

Answer by Bmat at 10:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Try writing stuff down on post-its or a notepad, or doing something else that'll remind you of specific things. Some people tie string around their fingers or put things in specific places so they'll absolutely have to remember them as they walk by. I'm dealing with absentmindedness too O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I just hope it works. I used to think my sister was bad(she's the true definition of absent minded) and she doesn't even have kids. She seriously forgets to put gas in her car and gets stuck somewhere. I hope I don't turn into that.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I keep a note pad in my purse and write everything down. If I didn't write it down, it doesn't happen.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It's Mommy brain! LOL
    cldetary

Answer by cldetary at 11:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Take fish oil it helps your body replace the proteins in your brain the baby took while pregnant. They come in pills I take it everyday and I noticed it makes a huge difference. Make lists and always put your purse/keys etc. in the same place everyday that will help.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• After my son was born, I couldn't remember ANYTHING! It felt like I had given birth to half my brain rather than a baby! LOL! It was so bad that I actually had nightmares that I would arrive at the store to do my grocery shopping and realize the baby wasn't in his car seat and I had no idea where I had left him. Fortunately, that never happened! It got better with time, but it never went back to the wonderful memory I used to have. I have become the Queen of Post-It notes and that has helped alot! :)
    Anonymous

• I'm experiencing that with this Pregnancy... It sucks! Mid-Sentence I will forget what I was talking about
    Anonymous