What is the rudest thing someone has said about how you look?

About your weight, looks, anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, me being plus-sized...I've heard pretty much every single thing in the book about how "fat" or "ugly" I am. It hurts. I wish people wouldn't be so cruel.

What hurts the most is when your own family members talk about how "big" you are. You'd think your family would be accepting of your flaws, but jeez...ugh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:25 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have thick and pretty frizzy hair and i've had lots of crap about that over the years, especially in highschool and middle school. It got so bad I cut my hair totally off. I'm not kidding either.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• About 19 years ago, I joined physicians' Weight Loss Center. Before you started on the program, you had to see one of their "Doctors" for a very basic checkup. Anyway, I was sitting on the table and he came in and was looking at my chart and said to the nurse, " Boy, she's a big one!, Isn't she?" Never looked at me, or even said anything to me!!! When I got out to my car, I sat there and cried for about 30 minutes! If that were to happen today, I'd let him know what I thought of his comment, demand my money back and left! HOW RUDE!

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:34 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Well, when I was at the peak of my eating disorder, weighing far less than a healthy weight, my disgusting excuse for a mother looked at what I was eating and asked me if I thought I really "needed that".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I have heard A LOT of things about myself... but I think the most embarrasing one was this: I went to go and get my hair cut, and I wanted those swipe bangs to go across my forehead... well the lady told me I had a really big forehead and that I should just have regular bands... I honestly don't think that was any of her business to tell my about my "features" I was born with a "big" forehead and I think i'm quite used to it by now!! I just didn't expect to hear it from a COMPLETE stranger!! I was so embarassed, I just wanted to get off my chair and leave my appointment...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:35 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• When I was younger a guy called me a fat bitch one day at school for no reason.
    Two years later at school in the lunch room another guy yelled out in front of everyone and called me an "anorexic freak." He was a football player.
    Hmm, you wonder why? Maybe because that moron before him called me a fat bitch!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• as a kid I was called witchipoo. as an adult my mil said." she is a big woman why she is even bigger than you."
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 10:50 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I'm usually pretty thin, but will put on a few pounds every now and then. My grandmother ALWAYS has something to say about it. Either, "Well, you're getting fat," or "You're too skinny." It used to bother me, but now I just laugh. I think its funny and I know its just how she is.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• When I was pregnant with my first my dad would call me "A big fat whale" and he wasnt joking either. He would say that I was gaining too much weight. As if he has room to talk.
    YoungMomtoGirls

Answer by YoungMomtoGirls at 11:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• It had been 5 months after I had my son. I weighed 160lbs at 5'4 and in a size 12 jeans. I was walking to the refrigerator to get something to drink and when I opened it and started looking my uncle said "Get out of there, you look like you've been eating too much as it is."

He was joking but being serious about the part where I looked like I had been eating too much.

Honestly, I knew I was a little heavy but not to the point where someone would comment on it.

My stomach is flat, I'm just wide and have some fat on me.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009