What is the point of having a child if you put the child in daycare???newborn in daycare, come on people!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• I don't see a problem with it. You can be a good parent and still have your child in daycare. Even those who put their babies in daycare who meet the minimum age of 6-8 weeks. I think it's a personal choice for each mom/dad and it's not for me to judge either way.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The same as if you have a child and get to stay home with them. To love them and raise them. Not everyone has the option to stay home, so those people shouldn't have kids??? Do you think it's easy for those mothers to leave their babies there every day? It's not. And they certainly don't need judgemental people making them feel worse about it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 11:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• So basically what you are saying is that people who work shouldn't be allowed to have children?
    You come on and stop with your ignorant question.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:01 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I cant wait to see how many responses this question gets! I can't believe somebody would actually post a question like this! I am lucky enough to be a SAHM and I feel for those moms who have to work but would love to stay home. Though I dont think they should not have kids because they have to work. Looking forward to what people have to say about this one LOL
    nvedwards

Answer by nvedwards at 11:06 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Wow!!! I can't believe this question. I have 4 children and lucky that all my children are in school so they don't have to go to day care, but before that they did go to day care. Who are you to say people should not have children and then put them in day care? You don't know everyone's situation. First of all there is nothing wrong with a woman working if she chooses to. Second some mom's have to work to help provide for her children. I am a single mom of 4 so what do you suggest, I give my kids away so I don't have to work? How rediculous of a question.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 11:11 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I dont know why people do that I can only assume its because otherwise the childs needs would be met. My friend had to go back to work when her son was 4 weeks old and I watched him. I told her it was way too soon but she had to go what she had to do.
    Now people who dont *need* to go back to work yeah I think that their priorities are skewed. I stay home with my kids and its a choice my dh and I made for my children. We think they deserve to be raised by their mother or father and not someone else. Yes we have less, but my youngest is almost 4 & while I have been home I have almost completed my college education. By the time she starts Kindergarten I will have completed my bachelors & then I will go back to work.

Answer by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• That's why she posted it as anonymous. She wanted to start a debate without having the balls to announce who she is. I say ignore her ignorance and her post.
    Toni22

Answer by Toni22 at 11:40 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• I agree that no one should make the choice to put their infant in daycare. If you have to work, well you gotta do what you gotta do. But why would you choose to put your infant in daycare, expose them to so many germs, take the chance that the caregiver is not how she presents herself, etc. if you don't have to. I had to put my 3 WEEK old in daycare and it KILLED me!! I despised it. I cried so much. I was in high school and I was almost done my senior year. It was dumb of me and both me and my baby paid for it. Of course he is fine now but I would never choose that again! He is almost 7 now and I am almost ready to have another child because I wanted to make sure I could stay home for at least a year. I would much rather not have my child in daycare so after a year, I will either have a home daycare or work evenings so my DH can take care of the baby.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• The point of having a child is sharing in God's co-creative nature. To share the love of God by having a child. Circumstances have almost always been (especially since the Industrial Age) that parents need to provide for the children, leaving them in the care of others while parents work. This is not a bad thing so long at the parent's make wise choices about who they leave their children with, whether family or strangers that teach as they do. The idea that parent's (especially mothers) need to be the only source of care for children is an illusion, a myth, a non-reality. It's also an idealism that can never be realized, so why bother arguing about it? Let's support family's who need daycare to make sure their children are raised happy and healthy, don't bash them.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Because it's healthy for a child to be socialized with other children his or her age. No matter how little they are. It also fosters a trust for the parent who drops the child off. The little one sees the parent leave and might be sad but...the parent ALWAYS comes back leading to a child that is not afraid to see a parent go out every once in a while as the child gets older. I had to work outside of the home when I was a single mother and I am blessed to be married and a SAHM now but my children are FANTASTIC kids and the same as any other child!! Hopefully this will be your last ignorant question!!!
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 12:34 PM on Jan. 4, 2009