• In the Spotlight:

kicks

does a baby become less active towards the end? or are yo u still supposed to feel the same amount of kicks.. they are running out of room to move.. arent they?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea i was worried too cuz he kicked less, but that's just cuz he was too big to be moving around. i think they have a chart to keep track of how often the baby kicks. ask for it when you have the next visit :D
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• Towards the end of the third trimester, your baby continues to grow and mature: the lungs are nearly fully developed. Your baby's reflexes are coordinated so he or she can blink, close the eyes, turn the head, grasp firmly, and respond to sounds, light, and touch.

You may notice that your baby moves less now since he or she is more confined in your uterus. Your baby's position changes to prepare itself for labor and delivery. The baby drops down in your pelvis, and usually his or her head is facing down toward the birth canal.

Answer by gemgem at 11:20 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• they do come less around the end of ur pregnancy. I am 37 weeks and I feel him alot at night but as much during the day.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• There is some correlation with how far along you are and how often you feel the baby move. Yes they are running out of room, but you should still be able to feel the baby move so many times in an hour. Every doc seems to have a different magic number. I usually say for myself as long as I feel the baby move/kick 6 times per hour everything is ok. However some babes are not that active to begin with so it all depends. You can call your local L&D at the hospital and ask the nurses there what is considered normal and they should be able to tell you how many times for sure! Hope this helps a bit. Good luck and have a great day!
    momof6inSC

Answer by momof6inSC at 11:22 AM on Jan. 4, 2009

• My daughter would try to stretch out but thats about it. She idn't have room to kick.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:23 AM on Jan. 4, 2009